Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Greg Costikyan of Manifesto Games posted a review today of Danielle Lewon's micro-game Bitch on his blog Play This Thing! Greg has insightful things to say about the game and comments on how it would fit well into a night of other gaming.
Play This Thing! is a group blog dedicated to reviewing intriguing small-press and independent (mostly free) tabletop and web-playable games. The site allows viewers to suggest and rate games, and create their own blog. Log in to rate Bitch, My Life with Master and other indie games, or suggest your favorite game to be reviewed.
Bitch sold out at GenCon, but contact Danielle to see when more copies of the game may be available.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
We were lucky enough to have a lot of buzz at the convention. Ken Hite mentioned us in his article in the program. We can't say thank you enough to the other booths who pointed people in our direction, especially Design Matters, the Forge booth, and the folks over at IPR.
Lastly, Pirate Jenny was the subject of some podcasting buzz! Ryan Macklin actually stopped by the booth at the end of the show for a special live from the dealer's hall edition of This Just In From GenCon. We were also mentioned in many of the other This Just In From GenCon podcasts as well, so be sure to give those a listen!
Thanks again to everyone who helped us be such a success this year. We had some great games, but we couldn't have done this well without the enthusiasm we got from the rest of the community!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Anna Kreider will also have some kick-ass posters, with kick-ass women on them, along with her fantastic assortment of art and games. The RPGirl Zine will be there, with articles, and profiles of 25 women in the rpg industry.
And two games long in careful development are now joyfully complete: Kagematsu by Danielle Lewon, and Serial Homicide Unit by Kat and Michael S. Miller will be available and demo'd. I will also have Sign in Stranger. Picking them up tomorrow morning, then heading west!
Hope to see you in Indiana!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Pirate Jenny is:
- Emily Care Boss of Black and Green Games, with Sign in Stranger, first human colony on an alien world, and RPG = Role Playing Girl, a zine about women and gaming.
- Julia Bond Ellingboe of Stone Baby Games, with Tales of the Fisherman's Wife, a game of demons, flirtation and temptation.
- Anna Kreider of Tasty Bacon Games, with Thou Art but a Warrrior, a Polaris Mod, and her fantastic original art.
- Danielle Lewon of Cream Alien Games, with Kagematsu, a game of samurai, honor, desperation and love.
- Kat and Michael S. Miller, of Incarnadine Press, with Serial Homicide Unit, the killer is out on the streets tonight.
- Michelle Mishko, expert GM and cat wrangler, kicking ass and taking names.
- Terry Hope Romero, long-time gamer and vegan cook extraordinaire, to demo and raise a ruckus.
- Elizabeth Shoemaker of Two Scooters Press, with Homecoming, one soldier's story.
We'll see you there!